Donnerstag, 9. April 2015

Phillips Watches auction May 10

Since they announced that Aurel Bacs will get his own watch department at Phillips I couldn’t wait the day anymore to see the catalog. When it was released and I made my first exploration on this catalogue “ONE” I was quite happy to sit on my chair, because it blew me off my socks! What Aurel Bacs and his team realized for their first sale is just amazing, I mean, there are so many super rare watches in this sale and not only super rare but as well in a great condition as hardly seen before. So my deepest congratulations to Phillips Watches for their achievements and I am just trying to imagine what will be coming in future sales.

I thought a lot about what to pick out of this catalog, because I wanted to avoid picking the whole catalog but I just couldn’t resist picking the Patek Philippe 130 steel, the 1518 pink (which I like to call now the triple pink) and the 1506 pink. The more I picked as well 4 other very interesting watches, the Heuer Chrono, the Omega monopusher, the Longines “Lindbergh”, Longines early monopusher and the Jaeger LeCoultre Polaris.


I will start off with that outstanding, breathtaking Patek Philippe 130 single button chronograph in stainless steel. What to say more about this important watch then just WOW. We all know that its sister with case 504 147 belongs to the Patek Philippe museum and this one with case 504 146 is now offered at this great sale! In 2005 this chrono was sold at Christie’s for 1 308 000 CHF. At this auction it is estimated for 1 000 000 – 2 000 000 CHF (LOT 123). I think that I may say that it will break the 3 million or 3,5 million.


The second Patek Philippe I chose is a stunner, never seen before and untouched, a 1518 in rose gold with rose dial and bracelet! I like to call this one now the triple pink 1518 because of its Gay Frères bracelet that was never seen before on a 1518! I am very curious to see where the price for this superb and outstanding watch will end. It is estimated for 800 000 – 1 400 000 CHF (LOT 165).


The third Patek Philippe I chose is a never seen before pink 1506 chronograph. Only 2 pink on pink 1506 chronographs have appeared in public before, so this makes it number 3 for this rare example. For me, this one (with the 591) is one of the most beautiful chronographs made by Patek Philippe. The last one sold was at Christie’s in 2008 for 603 000 CHF. This 1506 is estimated for 300 000 – 500 000 CHF (LOT 101).


One very good example of the legendary Jaeger LeCoultre Polaris. The Polaris was produced in only 1714 examples and is today a much sought after timepiece. This one has the MEMODATE inscription instead of the MEMOVOX and is signed LeCoultre. I don’t own one of these personally at the moment, but one day I will get one ;) It is estimated for 15 000 – 25 000 CHF (LOT 141)


I like these Heuer Monaco chronographs, especially the early ones like this one from 1969. The more, this one is in stunning condition; it does wear the original sticker on the back, leather bracelet and comes in the presentation box. It is estimated for 6 000 – 8 000 CHF (LOT 195).


Here is a really cool painting of Steve McQueen wearing his Heuer Monaco for the movie 24 Hours. This painting is as well available through my boutique.


These Omega monopusher chronographs are just great watches. Especially those delivered to the Canadian Airforce like the present example. It does wear the military markings on the back and comes in the 36mm diameter version. Great watch for the money. It is estimated for 5 000 – 7 000 CHF (LOT 82).


When I see a watch like this Longines “Lindbergh” with so much history behind, my heard opens up. This stunning timepiece was a gift from Charles Lindbergh to Dieudonné Cortes. Cortes was the first men (together with Maurice Bellonte) in 1930 to fly the Atlantic from East to West (Paris – New York) with a time of 37 hours and 18 minutes. Charles Lindbergh did his flight with the “Spirit of St. Louis” from New York to Paris in 1927 in a time of 30 hours and 33 minutes. I always try to imagine these guys in their airplanes flying across the Atlantic, should have been a great feeling and adrenalin rush. The more this watch is accompanied by two letters from the descendants of Dieudonné Costes stated that this watch was a gift from Lindbergh to Cortes. It is estimated for 60 000 – 80 000 CHF (LOT 86).


I am a big fan of these early monopusher chronographs especially when they are so good looking like this Longines from 1935. It does wear a beautiful two tone dial with the telemeter and tachymeter scale in blue. These color combinations with the yellow gold case (40mm) and the beautiful movement makes this watch absolutely collectible. For me a great timepiece. It is estimated for 15 000 – 25 000 CHF (LOT 84).



All the best.
Christian
(photos by Phillips Watches)

1 Kommentar:

  1. Results of the auction:

    LOT 123 - 4 645 000 CHF
    LOT 165 - 1 445 000 CHF
    LOT 101 - 725 000 CHF
    LOT 141 - 22 500 CHF
    LOT 195 - 18 750 CHF
    LOT 82 - 9 063 CHF
    LOT 86 - 143 000 CHF
    LOT 84 - 38 750 CHF

    AntwortenLöschen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.