Mittwoch, 4. Januar 2017

Guilloché lessons, some memories

Dear watch aficionado.

It is always nice to get remembered about great times in your life. And so for me this is when I am at the atelier of Jochen Benzinger and when I can get some practice on those fabulous guilloché machines. It is always a great honour and pleasure for me to learn this amazing craftmanship from a great master guillocheur.

On the first picture I am sitting at a rose engine guilloché machine, for me, these are the most beautiful machines to work on. It is quite hard to find the right pressure to put on the cutter so to cut out the material in the correct depth on the part you are working on. One has to push really hard but not too hard! One has to find the right feeling which takes a long time and long hours of pratice.



On the second picture a close up of the pratice dial I am working on. One can see that I have traced the outer minuterie already and the small seconds. Plus the small seconds I have finished already with a nice sun guilloché pattern.



I warmly invite you to take a look at the website of my boutique www.watchcollector.lu to discover the timepieces made by Benzinger.

Kind regards.
Christian

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.