Dear watch Aficionado.
I am very proud to introduce you the Benzinger unique "Black Lizard":
On a manufacturers fair in October 2011 Benzinger got to know Matthias Vickermann, one of the owners and directors at "Vickermann & Stoya", a workshop for fine custom-made shoes in Baden-Baden. On the tour through the huge leather stock Benzinger got the idea for a common project, as in "leather meets watch". It would of course be self-evident to give one of the watches an exclusive strap, maybe even something exotic, but that would be nowhere near enough: That is why Benzinger took a piece of black lizard leather and treated it so that they finally got an extraordinary dial. The combination of gold case and hour and minute indication applied on the black leather dial give an exclusive touch to the otherwise quite classical watch.
- 18kt 750/000 rose gold case made in Pforzheim, diameter of 42mm, screwed-in strap lugs
- hand-engraved, hand-guilloché, hand-skeletonized Unitas hand winding movement
- two-part dial:
- upper part (hour and minute indication) made of rose gold, hand-guilloché
- lower part made of fine black lizard leather
- swan neck fine regulation
- hand-sewed alligator leather strap with hand-made 750/000 rose gold fastening